1. The Crystal River Scarecrow Fest - Saturday October 12. Back and better than ever after last year's Hurricane cancellation! The City of Crystal River and Heritage Village are proud to bring you a new and exciting Scarecrow Fest. For 32 years this downtown festival has been a beloved family tradition. Fall fun, costumes, games, vendors, food, live music, beer and wine, and fall photo spots. We are always looking for local non-profits, clubs, sports and organizations to participate in this event. Please message us if your group is interested. This is another FREE event brought to you by the City of Crystal River.
2. The Salt Water Classic - It’s that time of year again! Please save the date: October 25th & 26th, 2019 for this year’s Saltwater Classic Fishing tournament to benefit Your Marion County Firefighters Benevolence fund. Everyone is invited to attend. Great family fun for all. See attached flyer for more information or visit www.mcfbf.org or check us out on Facebook MCFBF Saltwater Classic. I look forward to see you all. Help us make this year better than ever!
3. Stone Crab Jam - The 12th Annual "Stone Crab Jam" Street Festival, Saturday, NOV 2nd, 2019 in Historic Downtown Crystal River - by the Bay! Live Music - 3 Stage locations - 6 LIVE bands and "Dancing in the Streets"! Fresh Florida Stone Crab and Seafood; Sumptuous array of cusine for the Landlubber; Specialty Beers, Quality Wines, Vodka Drinks; Vendors, Food Trucks, Artists & more! Mark your Calendar for Sat. Nov 2nd and join the FUN! Hosted by the Kings Bay Rotary, Crystal River, Charitable Foundation to benefit local charities, scholarships and non-profits!
4. Nature Coast Seafood Festival in Spring Hill - October 26th 2019. A family friendly festival that includes Bands, Kids Park, a multitude of craft vendors and of course A WHOLE LOT OF SEAFOOD. DId I say alot of seafood? yes I did. And its all for a great cause.
5. Cooter Festival - Inverness- October 25-27. Follow Us to Cooter Festival
Cooter Festival moves to Whisperings Pines City Park
Inverness, FLA -- The City of Inverness’ 16th annual Cooter Festival will take place October 25 – 27, 2019 at Whispering Pines City Park. More room at the spacious park translates to more fun. The festival’s three days of live music, carnival, 80+ vendors and food trucks are a perfect fit at the 290-acre park. The lush park provides a perfect backdrop to this emerging music festival with ample space for festivalgoers and highlights one of the County’s top attractions.
The move to Whispering Pines City Park marks a continued progress for this festival that started in 2004 with a handful of vendors and cooter races. Today, festival organizers estimate 10,000-12,000 attendees will visit over the weekend. Planned are several large carnival rides, food trucks and live music all three days that requires a large outdoor venue to accommodate this rising festival.
The event kicks off on Friday, October 25, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. vendors and carnival rides. Enjoy live performances by Peace of Woodstock and Nuthin’ Fancy with the music of Lynryd Skynryd.
Saturday, October 26, 2019 starts at 11 a.m. and don’t miss live music throughout the day by acts such as the Contenders, Humans in Disguise and Fleetwood Max.
Sunday, October 27, 2019 starts at 12:00 p.m. with the wildly popular Cooterween and live music in the afternoon by Band 4Play and Leesburg Blues Brothers.
October 25-27, 2019
Whispering Pines City Park, 1700 Forest Drive, Inverness
6. Festival of Arts - Inverness - Novemeber 2 - 3 - The City of Inverness’ Festival of the Arts returns to downtown Inverness for its biggest year yet on November 2-3 starting at 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This is the longest running fine art show in Citrus County with free admission and free parking. This show hosts over 100 exhibitors in mediums such as glass, drawing, fiber, paint, jewelry, sculpture, wood, ceramics and digital art. The festival will also host a section for merchants with candles, baskets and crafts. This show has over $7,000 available in awards for competitors, and the awards presentation takes place at 4:30 p.m. on the Valerie Plaza.
New this year, the Valerie Theatre will host a Meet the Artist reception on Saturday, Nov. 2 starting at 4:30 p.m. through 6:30 p.m. tickets available at ValerieTheatre.org.
If you have other events and want us to get the word out. Give us a shout!